SPECIAL OFFER  This month we are offering free initial 15 minute phone consultations to Canadian nationals based in the UK seeking to sponsor their spouses/partners and families for immigration to Canada.

At Pahl & Associates, we regularly represent Canadian citizens who are spouses or common law partners of UK citizens or person residing in the UK and intend to return to Canada on a permanent basis with their family unit.


For more information view the video below.

Family Class Sponsorship

When Canadian citizens that reside in the UK decide to return home and want to take their non-Canadian family home with them, they can apply to do this via the Family Class Sponsorship programme. Luckily, the Canadian government are very keen on keeping families together and family class applications do tend to be given priority.


A sponsor has to be over the age of 18 and be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. These include Canadian nationals who reside in other countries and wish to return home with their immediate family members.


Who can the sponsorship include?


The family class sponsorship programme covers your spouse or common-law partner as well as any dependent children you may have. So for example a Canadian national residing in the UK can sponsor their partner and children and complete the whole application process while still living in the UK. It does not mean that you would have to return to Canada first before being able to sponsor your family in the UK.


To make completely sure that your spouse or partner has the right eligibility to meet the family class sponsorship requirements, you can always contact us for a free consultation. We are here to help and have a wealth of advice and guidance to assist you no matter what your particular situation.


For a Canadian citizen with a dependent child in the UK that you would like to bring home to Canada, you may find that your child is already a Canadian citizen. Your child will have to meet the Proof of Canadian citizenship requirementseligibility requirements. Again, if you are unsure or would like some free advice, we are here to help you. You can book a free consultation with us to help answer your questions and put your mind at ease.


Will I need to attend an interview?

It is sometimes necessary for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to request an interview before a visa can be issued. This is only when they have any concerns over the genuineness of the family relationship. In most cases a well prepared visa application is usually enough to eliminate the need for an interview.


How long does the whole process take?

Many families will be anxious to get the moving process underway and you will be pleased to know that family class sponsorships are treated as priority by Canadian immigration officers. In our long  experience of performing this process, which is based upon historical data related to submitting a regular volume of applications, a well prepared spouse/partner application considered by the Canadian High Commission in London, is usually processed within  6 to 9 months. Although this can vary due to the number of applications and seasonal fluctuations. However, we are pleased to say that a recent client application was finalised in just three short months from the date of submission to the issue of landing papers!


We have assisted hundreds of clients from the UK to move to Canada with their Canadian partners during the past 10 years. Please review our client testimonials to gauge our level of service and professionalism. CLICK HERE


We are here to help Canadian nationals based in the UK who are seeking to sponsor their spouses/partners and families for immigration to Canada. Get in touch today – we are ready and waiting to help you.

Your form message has been successfully sent.

You have entered the following data:

Family Class Visa Contact Form

Please correct your input in the following fields:
Error while sending the form. Please try again later.

Note: Fields marked with * are required



June 23, 2014 — Effective August 1, 2014, the definition of a dependent child is changing for Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) immigration programs.


The age at which a child will be considered a dependant is being reduced, from under 22 to under 19.

The exception for full-time students is also being removed.


For more info : CLICK HERE


Adult siblings CANNOT be sponsored. 

For the first time, common-law partners may now be sponsored. The term "common-law partner" refers to a person, who is cohabiting in a conjugal relationship with another person, having so cohabited for a period of at least one (1) year and also encompasses same-sex relationships. 


Applicants and their family members are subject to medical, criminal and background checks. 

Undertakings for Support  Sponsors are responsible for providing for permanent residents after arrival in Canada, and for ensuring that they do not become dependent on the Canadian social assistance However, permanent residents must make every reasonable effort to provide for their own essential needs and those of their family members.

Parent / Grandparent and Super Visa:


If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your parent or grandparent to become a permanent resident under the Family Class.


If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own essential needs and those of your parent or grandparent. You are responsible for supporting your parent or grandparent financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your parent or grandparent does not need to seek social assistance from the government.


How will the new parent and grandparent sponsorship selection process work?


Step 1: Between January 3 and February 2, 2017, a web form will be available for you to show your interest in sponsoring. Fill out the form and submit it. A confirmation number will be automatically provided when you submit the form. Please note the web form is not the application.


Step 2: On January 9, 2017, the new application package will be available. You do not need to complete the form unless you are selected in Step 3.


Step 3: Soon after the intake closes on February 2, 2017, the Canadian government will randomly select 10,000 people from among those who submitted the web form.

  • If you are chosen, you will be notified via email and you will have 90 days to send your complete application to IRCC using the 2017 application package.
  • If you are not chosen, you will be notified via email. You will have the chance to show your interest in sponsoring again in 2018.





Any questions about our services?

Contact us on 020 3086 7388 or directly via our contact form.



For the latest Express Entry draw information and CRS Ranking Score history 


Click here.




Pahl & Associates

Suite 7, Neals Corner
2 Bath Rd


London TW3 3HJ

United Kingdom


Tel: 0345 055 9861


Email bspahl@visa2canada.com





To book an appointment please phone our office or use our contact form.




Our normal weekday office hours are 9am to 6pm.


The office is closed on weekends and Bank Holidays



If our phone line is busy or you are unable to speak directly with Mr Pahl, please leave a detailed message or send an email. We will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours



Regulated and Accredited Member of ICCRC and CAPIC